Meet the Team: Chris Sawyer
Go behind the scenes at Mr. Sid and meet our amazing staff of unique individuals. This week, Chris Sawyer, our amazing retail merchandiser.
1. How did you get your start in the fashion industry?
When I was growing up I would go to work with my grandmother on the weekends at Denholms department store. I would shadow her throughout the day and marvel at the fast pace of a bustling store, and the glamour that went into creating an ever-changing environment for the customers. Since that day at age 5 I knew I wanted to be in retail.
2. What do you enjoy most about visual merchandising?
I love the constant change in my field, and the varying duties that come with the position. Everyday is a new challenge, and I am very fortunate to love what I do.
3. What is your favorite color?
My favorite color is olive green. I'm sure that's a Surprise!
4. What are some design tips?
Lighting is key to any retail store or residential environment. Don't skimp on lighting, it is the most overlooked detail that makes a world of difference.
5. What is your favorite drink?
Coffee. I love my coffee.
6. Where would you like to go on your next vacation and why?
I would really like to go somewhere warm like Bora Bora. these New England winters get cold!
7. Who is your inspiration and/or mentor?
My grandmother is my biggest mentor. I learned so much from her, and I am grateful for her presence in my life.
8. What do you like to do for fun?
I love doing historical research on the field of retail. It really is my passion.
9. What is your dream car?
A black 1940's Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic
10. What is your favorite movie and why?
I enjoy any old movie, especially ones from the 40's and 50's. The set and costume design are a constant source of inspiration.. I love manufactured beauty.